Children’s Ministry Director (CMD)
This 20-24 hour/week role is to oversee, develop, and implement the objectives of the Children’s Ministry (ages 0-12) at Community Bible Church Ilderton (CBC-I) under the direction and leadership of the pastoral staff. The Children’s Ministry of CBC-I exists to partner with families to train up a generation radically transformed by the gospel of Jesus Christ. This role will require a firm grasp of CBC-I’s values and beliefs and the ability to engage with children and volunteers to execute effective ministry programs and objectives.
Lead Pastor, Andrew Hall.
As a leader of Children’s Ministry, the CMD is responsible to model a life of devotion to Jesus Christ. By seeking to grow as a Christian, the CMD will model strong relationships with others, setting and maintaining appropriate boundaries with time and relationships to protect character and integrity. As a team player, the successful candidate will fulfill this role and ministry through godly character, a life of integrity, and being above reproach.
- A clear profession of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ
- A personal and consistent walk with the Lord (through regular personal devotion, corporate worship, and submission to authority)
- Theological training
- Membership and regular worship attendance at CBC-I
- Agreement with the Doctrinal Statement, Mission, and Values of CBC-I
- Vision, motivation, and organizational skills
- Leading Sunday Morning Children’s Ministry Programming
To be effective and fruitful in this role, the CMD will recruit and invest in volunteers who will implement the goals and objectives of the ministry. By representing this ministry, you will provide a consistent leadership in the classrooms and in serving the volunteers.
- Developing and Leading Community Outreach Events
The CMD will play a vital role in connecting children’s ministry to the church family and the surrounding community. This will require good communication, administration and event planning skills. Through movie nights, vacation Bible school outreach events, and involvement in community activities (such as the Ilderton Fair), the CMD will create events for children to be actively engaged in creative learning environments to know the good news of Jesus Christ.
- Participate as Part of the CBC-I Staff Team
Being part of a staff team, the CMD will be required to attend and participate in regular staff meetings, events, and activities. The successful candidate will work best in a team environment and demonstrate a willingness to learn and grow alongside others.
In order to fulfill these responsibilities, the CMD will be responsible for:
Volunteer Recruitment and Development
- Recruiting, scheduling, supporting, and training a team of volunteers who meet the various needs of Children’s Ministry. This includes team development, conflict resolution, listening to and caring for volunteers on a regular basis.
- Ensuring that all volunteers working with children comply with all the requirements of our Child Safety Practices, including police checks, training, and ministry best practices
- Choosing curriculum, along with the pastoral staff, and preparing weekly materials
- Coordinating curriculum on a weekly basis with large group session to ensure consistency in teaching
- Creating spaces of learning that are inviting and engaging
- Resourcing teachers and volunteers with supplies as needed
- Connecting and communicating clearly with volunteers, parents, and caregivers on a regular basis to ensure engagement and care
- Contributing to church-wide communication tools such as the weekly eBulletin, Children’s Ministry Newsletters, bulletin, website and social media
- Following up with CBC Ilderton families and new families through email, phone calls, and mailings as appropriate
- Create meaningful exposures of the ministry to the congregation through Children’s Ministry Sundays, outreach activities, and other appropriate avenues
- Maintaining accurate student and volunteer attendance records and databases
- Organizing and managing classrooms, supplies, set up, and signage
- Prepare an annual budget and ministry plan
- Prepare reports as requested by the Lead Pastor
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and personal testimony to email@example.com. Appllications will be accepted until July 10, 2018. Previous ministry experience and/or education is preferred.